Contact DC Pest and Building Inspections for an appointment using the contact details below.
Our inspection begins even before we step on your property, were looking for any conducive environments that could attract and harbour timber pests like termites.
Our Inspectors are qualified builders and timber pest technicians with years of experience. With this experience we uncover defects that an untrained eye would leave undetected, when defects are found they will be reported on
Our inspectors are also looking for major and minor building defects, mould, excessive moisture, wood rot and fungi. Using Tramex moisture meters, will show the percentage of moisture in the buildings walls, floor and any suspicious areas.
If Requested our thermal camera adds a whole new level to the inspection and report. With the Thermal Imaging Camera it extends our inspection into the places that the naked eye cant see such as, wall frames and structural floor members.
We make ourselves available to discuss the content of the report with you in detail. You are guaranteed to receive your report via email within 24 hours of the inspection.
Our Inspectors are fully insured with professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
- Structural cracks
- Potential safety hazards
- Issues with building foundations
- Leaking plumbing, wet areas and roof coverings
- Rising/falling damp issues and excessive moisture
- Major/minor safety hazards
- Poor water pressure and water hammer
- Conducive environments for timber pests
- Non durable timber used in a hazardous environment
- Any trees that could harbor timber pests
- Termites and evidence of termite damage
Our Pest and Building Inspections comply with Australian Standards.
- AS 4349.3 – Timber Pest Inspections
- AS 4349.0-2007 – Building Inspections
Our combined pest and building inspection covers all readily accessible areas of the property such as.
- Roof exterior
- Roof interior
- Internal rooms
- Out buildings
- Fence line
- Retaining walls
- Driveway and paths
Our Guide To Building Inspections
At the core, building inspections give you an in-depth report about the condition of a property. Building inspections are essential to anyone thinking seriously about purchasing a property. A building report will thoroughly educate you on the condition of the property before you buy. This protect you from serious property problems and extra costs down the track.
At DC Pest and Building Inspections, we are expert building inspectors. Everyday we undergo extensive building inspections in the Sutherland Shire and Sydney.
We’ve written this guide to help explain more about building inspections and why they are so important!
DC Pest and Building Inspections offer a variety of building inspection reports. The format and amount of detail in the building inspection report will depend on the type of property. Size, age and its condition ultimately determine the style of the report.
Some building inspection reports will adopt a standard format or use a comprehensive checklist while others will be individually tailored for each property. You can contact us now to discuss the type and style of your own custom building inspection report. Photographs may or may not be included. The important thing is that the report complies with the Australian Standard (AS 4349.1).
DC Building and Pest Inspections carry out extremely thorough building inspections. Our reports paint you a detailed picture of the current property condition and identify any significant problems.
However, a standard building inspection report is generally a visual inspection only and may not identify major structural defects or other hidden problems. If you have concerns about such problems, you might consider obtaining an additional assessment of the property.
DC Pest and Building Inspections will inspect all accessible parts of the property. These include the following areas:
- Interior of the building
- Exterior of the building
- Roof space
- Under-floor space
- Roof exterior
If you have any concerns about a particular part of the property, all you have to do is mention it to one of our building inspectors!
- Visible signs of asbestos problems
- Existence of an operable electrical safety switch
- Operable smoke alarms
At DC Pest and Building Inspections, we also include the following in our building inspection reports:
- Garage, carport and garden shed
- Separate laundry or toilet
- Small retaining walls (ie. non-structural)
- Surface water drainage
- Stormwater run-off
- Paths and driveways
DC Pest and Building Inspections also include a general summary in our building inspection reports such as:
- Your name
- The address of the property to be inspected
- Reason for the inspection
- The date of inspection
- The scope of the inspection
- A list of any area or item that wasn’t inspected, the reasons why it wasn’t inspected and if necessary, a recommendation for further investigation
- A summary of the overall condition of the property
- A list of any significant problems that need fixing
- If necessary, a recommendation that a further inspection or assessment be carried out by
- A suitably accredited specialist, e.g. pest inspector, electricity supply authority, water
- Supply authority, structural engineer, geotechnical engineer, surveyor or solicitor.
- The summary
The summary is possibly the most important part of the building inspection report. It should give you a brief summary of the major faults found in the property and its overall condition considering its age and type.
DC Pest and Building Inspections are Sydney’s trusted building inspectors. With years of building inspection experience, you can rely on us to thoroughly evaluate your property. This will give you the piece of mind that you need to move forward with your property purchase.
To find out more information or to book a report call us on 0400 739 462
Get In Touch With DC Pest and Building Inspections 0400 739 462